Friday, December 3, 2010

Jonathan Safran Foer

Tree of Codes by Jonathan Safran Foer

Have you read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer? It was the first book of his I read, and it totally blew me away. It's too bad I had a library copy, or I would have been underlining just about every other sentence. It also includes this great story about how Manhattan once had a sixth borough that delights me each time I reread it. One really interesting part of Extremely Loud is the design - it's mostly text on a page, but not entirely, and it's the "not entirely" parts that make it an even better read.

So I am thrilled to see that he's not only coming out with a new book, but that it's (not surprisingly, coming from him) completely unlike any other book I've ever heard of. He started with Bruno Schulz's The Street of Crocodiles and "carved" a new story out of it using a die-cuttting technique. Totally brilliant. I can't wait to read it - heck, to touch it!

via Co.Design 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...