Monday, December 6, 2010

12 Days of Christmas: Day 1

12Days

We have a little tradition in my apartment. Well, we borrowed it from our friend and former roommate Amy (who moved away from our lovely apartment to get married, where I hear you do not get to do 12 Days of Christmas in favor of buying fancy grown-up things for your apartment) who did it with her family growing up. 

For the 12 days leading up to when the first of us leaves to go home for Christmas, we get a small present in our stocking each day. We rotate, so each roommate ends up giving four presents each. It's such a fun, Christmas-y way to start the day. And when it's over, Christmas is almost here! Plus, my roommates are really good gift-givers.

IMG_3028
{stocking, stuffed}

Today is our first day of stocking stuffers, and I'm up first. I only snapped a quick photo on my way out the door but this morning's present was Songs for Christmas by Sufjan Stevens and a $5 bill earmarked for the best banana muffin in the city, at our a place in our hood. 

I'll be blogging each of the 12 days of Christmas for the next...well, 12 days. So stay tuned.

12 days graphic by my lovely and talented friend Tracey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...