Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Decorating Paralysis

stripped-ease

When I moved into my apartment nearly three years ago, I was very very lucky that the living area had already been decorated by my lovely roommates. I was lucky not only because they have excellent taste, but because I suffer from severe Decorating Paralysis. If left to my own devices, I will always live surrounded by things I meant to hang on the wall and decorating projects that I'll surely get to someday. As I've mentioned, it's genetic.

Interview-with-Nacho-Polo--yatzer_2

My Decorating Paralysis has flown under the radar for the most part over the last three years because our apartment was already decorated. Unfortunately for me, I think it's about to surface again. As I type this, framed photos are coming off the walls, pretty books are being packed away, and soon furniture will be ushered into a moving van—in short, my roommate is moving out and becoming a wife. And with her goes much of the charming decor of our apartment.

So, this seems like the perfect time to confront my paralysis, don't you think? I'm feeling a bit inspiration-less, so I'll be scouring Pinterest & the like and reporting back over the next week or so. And hopefully, posting pictures in the coming weeks of completed projects. Here's to hoping!

Photos: Dean Kaufman for Dwell, Andrea Savani for Yatzer.

1 comment:

  1. liz! i can come back and help with any projects that are sending out paralyzing venoms.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...