Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hot Dog! It's a Bridal Shower

Untitled

Have I mentioned that it's celebration season around here? I believe I have, because it is. This weekend we celebrated my friend (and work partner!) Renee's upcoming wedding with a bridal shower. She's not much for being the center of attention, so the other hostesses and I tried to create an event that would be fun and relaxed, featuring some of her favorite things. And this girl looooves hot dogs!

hotdog











































It might not be ok with Emily Post, but since the bride-to-be is an art director, we asked her to design her own shower invite. I love how they turned out! They really set the tone for the shower. Plus, I really think the phrase "hot dog!" should make a comeback. I've been saying it a lot since the shower :)

Untitled

dip
















Untitled






























Untitled






























candy

The day of the shower ended up being too chilly to have it outside, so we moved all of our furniture around and hung red & white striped bunting to make it feel festive. We kept the menu relatively simple: grilled hot dogs with lots of toppings, a pickle bar (more on that tomorrow!), potato chips and a candy bar with some of the bride's favorite candies. Hot dog!

1frame

Congrats, Renee! 

3 comments:

  1. Hot dog! Wish I could have been there! Thanks for celebrating my sweet sister with such style and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! and so creative. Great Job Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The invites look amazing, one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...