Wednesday, September 14, 2011

To Wear With Flannel

untitled

When I was in Hilton Head this past weekend, my sister and I took a long bike ride from our hotel to the lighthouse on the other side of the island, then to the ruins of an old plantation. The bike trails took us through somewhat wooded areas, with tons of oaks draped with Spanish moss and a carpet of pine needles everywhere. The woodsy smell of pine warmed by the sun was so amazing, I told my sister I'd like to wear it as a perfume.

When I got home, still thinking about the end-of-summer/firsts-of-fall scent, I was happy to discover that MCMC Fragrances makes a Vermont-inspired scent called Hunter. It smells like fir trees (among other things) and they describe it as "best when worn with a flannel shirt."

Photo via Maja Malou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...