Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kinfolk Magazine

"It didn't take me long to learn that my heart was endeared to small intimate gatherings, those that are defined by good food, great background music and honest conversation." So says Saer Richards in the debut issue of Kinfolk magazine, and so says my heart.

I did a mental happy dance when I happened upon Kinfolk, the magazine devoted to small gatherings. The first issue is full of beautiful stories with ideas for one, two, or a few.

6

5

1

And it's littered with perfect quotes, like this one from Thoreau:

"I had three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society."

I love a well-chosen quote.

3

And don't you love the word kinfolk? Let's bring it back into everyday speech. I'm going to start referring to my closest friends as my kinfolk. Because they are.

1 comment:

  1. So nice to hear that you enjoyed Kinfolk Liz! I am very pleased that I could speak to your heart. :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...