Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Surprise boxes

IMG_0971

My friend Bethany has been working insane hours lately.* As in, she may as well be sleeping at her office. Up until about a year ago, I worked similar hours (until I quit! but that's a story for another day) so I know how soul-sucking it can be when your life is only work. When you go straight from work to bed, straight from bed to work, and there's no life in between. In short, my friend was in need of some serious cheering up. So I made surprise boxes.

IMG_0920

IMG_0912

IMG_0931

IMG_0941

IMG_0956

IMG_0947

Inspired by Jordan's surprise balls, I got five small boxes (from here) and filled them with fun little treats that I knew she'd love: lollipops, bright nail polish, stickers, Cadbury mini eggs, and pink streamers.  Then I used letter stamps to stamp the days of the week onto the boxes so she'd have a little box of cheer to open each day of the week. I love the idea of doing something like this to lead up to someone's birthday or an anniversary. Five presents are better than one, right?

*Full disclosure: Bethany was working crazy hours when I thought up this idea. The same day I thought of this little project and went shopping for the supplies, her work (finally) slowed down again making her much less in need of cheering up. I decided to make the boxes and give them to her anyway, because even a regular work day is more fun with yellow nail polish and pink streamers.

5 comments:

  1. oh, you are just the sweetest of friends. and the most creative, to boot! thanks again for bringing so much cheer to my stressiness.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positively adorable. I love this idea so much that I already have thought of two people to send it to--thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, way to spread the love! I bet your friend was so touched. I can't wait to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh lizard. love. i think i will start working crazy hours too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. joyinlooking, I loooooove your blog! So glad you posted so I could check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...