Friday, January 7, 2011

A very pink cake

IMG_2989
{a very pink cake}

I made this cake in early December, but with all the stocking stuffers and baked goods to post about, it never made an appearance here. It was a surprise for my friend Bethany's birthday, and my goal was to make it very pink—inside and out.

IMG_2992
{pink on pink on pink}

When a friend, wondering why I was making The World's Pinkest Cake, asked if Bethany wears a lot of pink, my response was, "No, but she lives it." So, for a girl with lives pinkly, I made this cake with a few changes: I used pureed strawberries between the layers and added some red food coloring to make the frosting pretty and pink.

IMG_2992
{happy birthday, b}

The cake was definitely hit with the birthday girl, and an even bigger hit when it was brought out for an encore performance at the bar after dinner.

IMG_2992
{pink cake at the bar}

3 comments:

  1. I really think pink cake should be available at every bar... Beautiful by the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the cake. love this. loooove you! you're the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmm. best bar night i have had in a long time. texas beer and pink cake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...