Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Gift Ideas: For The Guys #1

Screen shot 2011-12-07 at 4.46.04 PM

When I was coming up with ideas for my Holiday Gift Ideas posts, it was pretty obvious that they were skewing feminine. Rather than scraping together the few things I could think of for the dudes, I decided to phone a friend.

So, my friend Trae Watlington will be sharing his gift picks for the rest of the week. Thoughtful, stylish, and one of the nicest guys I know, I knew Trae would come up with some great gift ideas. And, boy, did he ever! I'm so excited to share them with you. Take it away, Trae!



I know buying gifts for a guy can feel a little intimidating at times, but here are some ideas that should set you up for success with your significant other, boss, friend, and even your dad.

Growing up my brother and I always categorized our Christmas lists by price in order to get the most bang for our buck, so I decided to keep the tradition alive. Each category has a low, medium and high priced option.

For The Adventurer

Zippo-Hand-Warmer-739273

Low: Liz and I had the same idea, but this is how dudes do hand warmers. Great gift for the non-smoker who has always wanted a Zippo.

Screen shot 2011-12-07 at 11.10.20 AM

Medium: Every guy needs Survivor Kit, whether he admits it or not. This one is great because it has all the essentials, plus you get a great water bottle out of the deal.

Screen shot 2011-12-07 at 6.01.14 PM

High: Who says camping has to be roughing it? These tents are pricy, but chances are you won't run into another camper with the same one. I support Americana, but there are some pretty interesting designs to choose from.

Screen shot 2011-12-07 at 6.08.11 PM

Be sure not to leave your man in the woods without the proper tools. This custom made axe from Best Made Co. looks like Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor and Kate Spade had a child and named him Hatchet.

For The Music Lover

IMG_7250

Low: Whether your guy is trying to learn the guitar or he's already a pro, he can appreciate these leather guitar picks. I haven’t tried them myself, but they're supposed to have a richer, warmer tone.

spotify-logo-1
Monster_iBeats_Dr_Dre_In-Ear_Headphones

Medium: Get him a year subscription to Spotify Premium (cheaper than that crazy Netflix) so he can listen to the latest and greatest music wherever he wants, on or offline.

High: I can’t leave the house without my iBeats. Walking everywhere in NYC requires a constant soundtrack, and these do the job at a decent price. If you want to really surprise him, give him an I.O.U for the highly anticipated Executive Edition.

Accessories

Picnik collage

Low: These are great iPhone cases. Style and function at its best, without the high price tag. My favorite is this NYC one, but the selection is endless.

240KF_4

Medium: Replace that bottle opener key chain of his with this classic. I went to the Pop Up Flea last weekend and saw the guys from Billy Kirk making these by hand. Great quality and timeless design.

Picnik collage

High: I have a lot of photographer friends who flipped out when I shared this camera strap. Hold Fast Gear from Tulsa knows how to make a manly product. Check out the Money Maker for those of you that are giving to a professional.

{Guys, that was just the first post. There are two more of these coming. Who else thinks Trae needs his own blog? Let him know in the comments! - Liz}

3 comments:

  1. i totally support the spotify premium!
    and i would like that leather key fob too please. because it's pretty, not for the belt loop function.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to buy everything on this list...I need more trendy men in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your article.I do continuously look over your web site for brand spanking new articles.I am recently acting on associate app spotify premium apk reddit thats going awe-inspiring and special because of you 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...