Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Heat



I know it's the most mundane thing in the world to talk about the weather, but New Yorkers (myself included) are having a hard time keeping quiet about the heat wave we're having. As I write this, it's 102 degrees with a "feels like" temperature of 112. Understandably, it's all anyone can talk about.

So, along with the rest of the Northeast, I'll be looking for ways to stay cool this weekend. I'm going to the beach tomorrow and planning on spending as much of the day as possible in the water. Beyond that, I'm thinking popsicles and ice water are on the menu all weekend. Happy (hot) weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. "I know it's the most mundane thing in the world to talk about the weather" -- haha, i was just laughing about this with a friend the other day. we couldn't stop talking about the weather either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, exactly! I feel like with extreme heat or extreme cold (or extreme beauty!) it's ok to chat about it for a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I just posted about the opposite weather talk of the moment in Paris "non, mais c'est quoi ce froid?", "oh la la, on dirait l'automne", i.e. we've had a bliming freezing month of July! Please send some heat this way. We're in desperate need to a warm month of August!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...