Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Patriotic Party Food

IMG_1302

Did the month of July sneak up on you, too? Somehow June zoomed by and suddenly the 4th of July is tomorrow. Yikes! So, I thought I'd round up a few ideas in case you're on the hook to bring a dish to a BBQ. Or, perhaps you're hosting a BBQ that you only planned yesterday, and you're out of propane. No, just me? Sneaky, sneaky July 4.

IMG_1302

A Hot Dog Bar - throw a bunch of hot dogs on the grill, and put out as many fixings as you can gather. Add a pickle bar if you're feeling fancy.

molly's ribs>

Dry Rubbed Ribs - For a meat option with a bit more depth than a hot dog, these ribs look to-die-for.

IMG_1302

Red, White & Blueberry Shortcake - I improvised this layered shortcake cake for a July 4th BBQ two years ago, and it was a total hit.

IMG_1302

Strawberry Ice Cream Cake - Add blueberries or blackberries to this simple ice cream cake for some patriotic flair.

IMG_1302

Mini Layer Cakes - Made in a tin can! Borrow Jordan's idea, but make it with white cake and vanilla frosting. Dye the frosting red & blue, or simply slip some red & blue berries in with the white frosting.

IMG_1302

Triple Berry Pie - Simple & summery, just add some whipped cream for the requisite pop of white. 

Happy 4th!

Top image by Machiine

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I absolutely love all your ideas! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey. i've missed your posts. how are you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...