Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wedding Season: Off-Registry Gifts

Untitled

*I'm not a wedding blogger by any means (just a seasoned wedding guest), but with wedding season upon us I thought I'd share a few posts for brides and wedding guests alike. Today: off-registry gifts!*

Do you feel comfortable going off-registry when buying wedding gifts? I think for me it depends on how well I know the couple and their taste. I still cringe at the first off-registry wedding gift I ever bought (and maybe the first wedding gift I ever bought!). When my childhood best friend got married right after college, I wanted to get them something they could use for fun date nights. So I got them a brightly colored tiffin box, a Twister towel, and maybe a gift certificate for local take-out. I envisioned a fun, flirty picnic with a game of Twister (we were 22!). Looking back, I wish I had gotten them something a bit more timeless than a Twister towel--eek!

When looking for something a little more classy than my Twister towel gift, I like to think about something the couple would really use & enjoy, or something they wouldn't think to ask for from their wedding guests. So, here are a few ideas if you're in need of an off-registry wedding gift.

i want to live in this pub

i want to live in this pub

A Subscription Service. If your friends are really into wine, beer, or something edible, get them a subscription to receive something new every month. Wine of the month clubs are tried and true, but there are also craft beer clubs, and even ice cream subscription services like Milk Made in NYC.

Untitled

A Fun Tool Kit. This would be especially great for new homeowners. Throw in a gift card to Lowe's or Home Depot.

Untitled

Untitled

Mason Jar Blender. If you've been to a wedding over the past few years, you've certainly seen mason jars in use--as decor, as drinking glasses, as vases...the list goes on. So, very likely, the newlyweds will have a lot of jars leftover. Help them put them to use with this awesome mason jar blender.

Untitled

Pinhole Press Gift Certificate. I've mentioned Pinhole Press before (I gave them to my roommates before they both got married), and their gift cards are a great way to let your friends customize their own gift. They offer photo books, framed photos, and even wine bottle labels.

What about you? Do you cling to the registry, or do you prefer to get something a little more unexpected?

Top photo via, ice cream photo via Milk Made, beer photo by Suzi Marshall, tool photos via Alice Supply Co., mason jar photo by Our Labor of Love, wedding book photo via The Soho.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Single Tap Steel Belted Cooler Jocky Box With(50 ft x 5/16″od) - Jockey box is one of our favourite ways to dispense beer. After all, beer is fun and draft beer is awesome! So don’t miss out on them in your outdoor parties and picnics.
    Simple and compact Single tap Jockey Box – your quest for the perfect Jockey box is now over!

    https://barobjects.com/single-tap-steel-belted-cooler-jocky-box-with-50-ft-x-5-16-od

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...