Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy long weekend!

Is it a rule that the week preceding a long weekend has to move extraordinarily slowly? I think it must be, because this week seemed to drag on and on in anticipation. I was anticipating a concert I knew would be great (Glen Hansard performing in the Temple of Dendur at the Met...it was magical) and the flight I'll catch tonight to head down to North Carolina to join the rest of my extended family at a lake house to celebrate my aunt's birthday. I'm a little bummed to be missing a long weekend in the city, but I'm looking forward to grilling, baking in a kitchen that can fit more than two people, and a lengthy visit to Target.

Before I go, I'd like to leave you with a video I've been watching over and over again. It's an exuberant, young Bruce Springsteen playing one of my favorite songs live in 1978. It looks like he's having so much fun. Bruce is about as American as apple pie, right? So this is appropriate for Memorial Day weekend? Regardless, I just love it. Have a great weekend!



Hey, what else can we do now?
except roll down the window
and let the wind blow back your hair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...