Thursday, May 9, 2013

(Home Again) Weekend in Pictures

Untitled
{the bridge that leads to home}

Untitled
{faux fog at the exploratorium}

Untitled
{whatever happened to predictability? the milkman, the paper boy, evening tv...}

Untitled
{heat wave, dolores park}

Untitled
{giants country}

Untitled
{beers at southern pacific brewing}

Untitled
{flowers at the ferry plaza farmer's market}

Untitled
{wanted to take them all home with me}

Untitled
{headed to my hometown in the east bay}

Untitled
{california poppy, growing wild on the sidewalk}

Untitled
{on the main street of my hometown, benicia}

Untitled
{a generous scoop of my favorite green tea ice cream}

Untitled
{hills and the waterfront}

Untitled
{the bear I grew up next to. yes, really}

Untitled
{perfect san francisco skies through the open window}

Untitled
{thanks, random graffiti}

This weekend (which I realize is now four days ago, but humor me) I confirmed what I've suspected for awhile: I have two homes. New York feels like home. When I'm gone too long, I get that sighing, happy feeling of relief when I'm back here. But Northern California, where I grew up, is still home, no matter how long I've been away. The site of the golden hills, sometimes covered in houses, sometimes rolling untouched towards the bay...they get me every time. So this weekend was near perfect in my book. A few days in San Francisco (during a rare, rare heat wave!) and then a couple in my hometown, both with friends who've known me nearly my whole life. It was wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. Culturally, New York and California are a whole lot closer than either place is to lots of the states in between.

    It's nice to have two homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post! dreamy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty pretty pictures. and i hope you stole that polar bear (really!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...