Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Gift for Grads

Untitled

Do you remember any of your graduation gifts? All I remember of my high school graduation was receiving two Sacagawea dollar coins taped into a card from a distant great aunt. While I'm sure I received plenty of thoughtful gifts (and I do remember a few checks slipped into cards!) that strange gift is pretty much all I remember. So I thought it might be fun to put together a few things that a new grad (especially a college grad) could use to make their new desk space special, and a gift that might be a tad more memorable than coins.

Untitled

Untitled

For this gift I picked up an oversized owl mug (for coffee or to hold pencils!), a pretty gold chevron notebook, a few rolls of washi tape, useful sticky notes, and classy gold paperclips. For a fun little touch, I covered a pack of pencils with washi tape (following this super-simple tutorial).

Untitled

I actually put this gift together for my younger sister when she got a new job recently, so these ideas would work equally well as a gift for a college grad, or a care package for a friend with a new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...