Thursday, July 12, 2012

New York Bucket List: The Bronx Zoo

Untitled

A few weeks ago I checked off another item on my New York Bucket List, The Bronx Zoo. I'm sure it would have taken me ages to go on my own (I'm a little iffy on how I feel about zoos in general) but a friend had corporate passes for the day. So, on a warm June day we took a longer-than-usual subway ride up to the Bronx!

Untitled

The zoo was easy to find, with these cute signs pointing us in the right direction.

Untitled

It wasn't super hot that day, but kids were playing in hydrants nonetheless. I was a little giddy about it, it felt like something you'd see in a movie about New York :)

Untitled

We were greeted by a baby camel and his mama. There were lots of baby animals that day. So, if you like baby animals (and who doesn't?) late spring/early summer is a good time to visit the zoo!

Untitled

We saw a bored polar bear (he was pacing, so I'm assuming. I'm no bear psychologist).

Untitled

We starred at these zebras (also mama and a baby, I think!) for a long time, they're so beautiful.

Untitled

This lady lion (we called her Nala) came close for a bit.

Untitled

And there were tons of male peacocks showing off their pretty plumage. All in all, a fun day at the zoo.  Have you been? The Bronx Zoo is so big I think we maybe missed a few places, so I'd definitely go back another time.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling a little iffy about zoos, but I recently went to London Zoo for a friend's birthday and loved it. I hadn't been to a zoo since I was a kid and it was fun wandering around, taking pictures and visiting with all the animals. I've been meaning to go back and my running route took me right past the giraffes earlier this week, so now your post has definitely inspired to go back for a visit :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...